Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The power of absence

Here's an interesting tidbit: if you set a briefcase down in a public place and start walking away, pandemonium ensues. I found that out waiting for a bus outside a government building.

It's like: "Hey buddy, chill. I meant to leave it there." That's when it dawned on me. This was the key to adding excitement to everyones dull little lives. And if you think I have no right to assume everyone needs a moment of pure, object terror; think again. I'm perfectly equipped to make such judgments.

So what's wrong with setting a briefcase in a crowded plaza and running away as fast as you can? I fail to see the crime in that.

It's just like leaving a folded, blank piece of paper under your ex's windshield wiper. No harm done. So what if I followed it up with another blank note outside her work, the mall and finally; her driveway.

It's all the words I didn't write that had the most impact. Just like what I didn't put in that briefcase.

Yes, it's absence that says more than a thousand court dates or ankle bracelets ever could.




My photo of the week. Coming soon----video blogs!(?)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Minneapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment