Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wasted moments refunded

I once heard a public service announcement urging drivers to slow down to reduce accidents. The commentator was saying how too many drivers think of their cars like time machines to shave minutes off their schedule.

That's when it dawned on me: cars WERE time machines and driving at break neck speeds was the way to refund a wasted youth.

Stop lights, construction areas and those deaf kid signs are all obstacles to getting back those precious moments you may have missed by doing things like attending fundraisers, waiting behind school buses or slowing down for minorities.

I dream of a world with no regrets; no crosswalks. A world where everyone drives 100 through school zones as children dive for the sidewalk. You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one who can take a cloverleaf at 90...


Location:Minneapolis

1 comment: