Friday, January 31, 2014

A dream I had about an ex

Last night I dreamt about the one ex girlfriend who broke my heart the worst. 

We were in a house filled with Christmas lights and balconies on every floor. Even a terrace out to the roof. She was young like I once knew her because I don't know her anymore. She's a war vet now with a spouse and I'll probably never see her again. 

Many friends were at the house . Partying & collecting money to go get weed. Both of us went to the upper levels where we could be alone. There we agreed to be boyfriend & girlfriend again. We talked all night on opposing mattresses. 

When she wouldn't embrace me I asked why and she told me I was supposed to help her get over me. The brilliant boy she loved but needed to move on from. This was strange because it was always me who couldn't get over her. 

We went out onto the roof under a stary night where I confessed all I ever wanted was one more kiss, one more night with her. We went back inside and she sadly collected her things as the party raged downstairs. I couldn't hold her, I couldn't kiss her. 

She drove away and flew to San Francisco, then to Spain. I chased her, always one flight behind. I made it to the summer beaches of Spain where I looked but never found her. 

Many flight transfers later I found myself stranded at a U.S. Airport on a 9 hour layover. I had lost her. The young her that I fell in love with. That one kiss I chased for years was gone. I woke up in the terminal to my father passing the bench I slept on. He took me with him down the long lonely terminal to a plane bound for home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment