Monday, July 8, 2013

Ever do any modeling?


This would not be the first time I've attempted to dazzle girls at a party with an iPhone4S & 2 credits of photography at a community college only to have the whole thing backfire.

I let them whore it up for the camera so I can swipe the screen, showing the magic of all my photo editing apps. Then once they see how pretty they look its suddenly like I'm the only adult at a little girls birthday party.

They say: "Oo I like this one", "Can you crop this one?" & "Keep taking more pictures! You'll want to get me in this light over here." Suddenly, my iPhone is surrounded by a mob of ravenous girls, desperate for free glamor shots or a pony; who can tell.

In that manic moment I can see so many parts of them. Insecurities, fears and dreams all here at the crest of womanhood. If I could show each one of them how beautiful they really are, then it should be worth spending the whole party giving all of them a photo. It should be worth my walk home alone that night.

Unfortunately the version of me that would do that died many years ago of a broken heart and possibly heroin. That poem writing, flower giving, desperate romantic died in the friend zone where all those emo little pubes end up.

Not to sound callous but I'm well past boyhood. A man doesn't needlessly plead for what he wants nor needlessly express his emotions. The real secret of manhood begins with "Dear Diary..."


..impressions from an uptown house party --v









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Uptown


No comments:

Post a Comment