Thursday, November 10, 2011

LMFAO--the abuse of emoticons

Let's talk for a moment about the gratuitous use of emoticons. After all, they're supposed to be a reflection of your offline emotions, are they not? So who the hell laughs after everything they say? A fucking freak; that's who...or one of those pull-string clowns that may or may not come to life and murder you tonight.

Let's refer to the following conversation:

I'manElf15: your finally online! :) Lol!!
Mellaphoric: yeah sry was asleep
I'manElf15: how r u? Lol
Mellaphoric: good and u?
I'manElf15: still playing LMFAO
Mellaphoric: I like to dissect girls
I'manElf15: what?? Lol
Mellaphorc: I guess I never told anyone. Also- garbage bags excite me sexually
I'manElf15: um ok?

As you can see what would have otherwise been a completely normal conversation is made weird by incessant laughing.

I think it's fair to say that laughing is not always appropriate and just because your in a chat room for elf-on-elf action** doesn't justify it.

**I thought it was Lord of the Rings chat.

Would you "laugh your fucking ass off" because someone misquoted Bilbo Baggins? No. Would you LMFAO at an elderly wheelchair weirdo who's only ailment is laziness? I think you know the answer deep down. Lol


As always--here are some pictures I took:











(my elf Elnärough took this last one)---Lol

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Minneapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment